Monday, July 21, 2008

Summer Reading with a little Thermage flung in

Just popped in to share some summer reading:-

Old Filth by Jane Gardam ( loving this author )
Faith Fox by Jane Gardam ( ditto, need to buy more)
But Inside I'm Screaming by Elizabeth Flock ( for the crazies among us )
Fallen Skies by Phillipa Gregory ( don't know if it's available in US, UK for sure)
Tender At The Bone by Ruth Reichl ( for the food junkies, really funny)

Have established the worst things about getting old are:-
1. Not enough time left to read everything you want to.
2. When the young Asian gal in the nail salon (today) asks you if you work or if you are retired!

I need serious surgery, this is much worse than I thought, going to google RIGHT now!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Had to let you know I laughed out loud at that post. You are too funny girl.

Finally got to the book store myself - re-bought an Irving, bought a classic, and a recommended.

I've been loving the tales from the home country too.