Tuesday, June 17, 2008

We have a winner!

Down to the wire now. Counting the hours instead of the weeks then days. The kids are bouncing off the walls with the exception of The Child Iseult who remains cocooned and catatonic in bed...teenagers pah! Which delightfully leads me into an explanation of her "nick".
When I was doubly pregnant with Scoot and his sister The Child Iseult I worked as the Manager of a Residential home for Seniors. Every month the mobile Library would come and strip the bookcase of it's contents then replenish it with new material.
( I worked a shift system at the time with three supervisors and myself providing 24hr in house cover for the staff, so we had to sleep-over. When I think back I don't know how the heck I did it for almost ten years. Shift would start on a Wed at 2p.m. finish at 1o, sleep-over, then 7a.m. till 2p.m. the next day. 8 on 4 off and responsible for a Staff of 60+ not to mention the darling seniors who numbered 40)
There I am lugging myself around work and browsing the bookcase. I read a wonderful book in which the mother refersto her teenage daughter as "The Child Iseult". Now pregnancy has a way of addlepating the most sane and I was so taken with the character ,that Daughter1 has Iseult as a middle name. I can assure you, with all certainty that she has begun to live up to her name! The darnedest thing was I could not for the life of me remember the Title or Author of the book. (I suppose I can be excused for my amnesia as I had 2 preemies to take care of, then of course Scoot decided to take a separate journey for which the sex bomb and I were not prepared, still trying to get on the same flight as Scoot most days, and along came Daughter2.)
I had not thought about this for years and the other night Sex Bomb and I were chatting and it came up. Thanks to today's technology I was able to google my wee heart out and YES I found it!
I will order it as soon as we get back and have The Child Iseult read it, it'll be interesting to get her opinion.
I promise I will try to get around to getting a picture of The Trophy for you today but in the event that I don't, I have to let you know who won the June go-round.
I'm hearing a drum roll in my head, and the winner is...
The Shyster
Well Done!
I can't even pretend that it was close contest
Whilst the other nominees certainly will be back, contending for a win in the months to come, Scotland voted and it was a unanimous decision!

No comments: