Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Smelly Cat - Phoebe Buffay

Picking up on Mikes' post today about smells, I have a definite problem.
Perfume.
Bane of my life.
I have to be very, very careful.
My personal aroma has a hard time with artificial scents.
I had no clue that I suffered from this condition until the following episode occurred.
We were going to Crete on vacation in 1989 and stopped by the Duty Free in LHR.
I wanted to buy Samsara perfume.
It was new,one of my girlies had it and it smelt divine. (on her)
Me - I'd like to try Samsara please.
Samsara rep (SR) - Of course miss ( *sigh* I was a Miss in those days)Now I'm a HIT!
SR proceeds to spray her wee bottle of scent on my wrist.
I nuzzle my nose down for a smell.
Me - yeugh,yeugh,yeugh
SR - What? What's wrong?
Me - *gagging*
SR - Miss are you ok?
I offer my sacrificial wrist, she inhales.
SR - YEUGH That smells like cat pee.
Me - *nodding*
SR - (calling over every other perfume rep) You've got to smell this on this girl, it's awful.
Now I am engulfed by sniffing reps each making varying noises of disgust.
Me - (Nose tucked into elbow) You need to get this off of me.
SR - Absolutely you can't go around smelling that bad.
A wet wipe was produced and the stench somewhat abated.
A humiliating discovery of a bodily condition. In a feckin airport! Not a lot of witnesses!

This poor wee innocent baby is probably still in Therapy!

scared/schocked/cold/something smells bad Pictures, Images and Photos

I now only use Izzey Miyake, DKNY, Gucci and Clinique.
Just in case any of you are struggling with ideas for my Christmas present!
Lordy, that was a long drawn out affair just to get to the two lines directly above.
Happy Shopping darlings. Mwah xxxxxx

9 comments:

lacochran said...

Chemistry is a freaky thing. Glad you found what works for you.

Mike said...

"engulfed by sniffing reps"

I think I may want to visit this place.

wc#3 said...

Smelly Cat, Smelly cat what are they feeding you?

Smelly Cat, smelly cat it's not your fault...


They won't take you to the vet.

You're obviously not their favorite pet.

You may not be a bed of roses,

And you're no friend to those with noses.


Smelly cat, smelly cat what are they feeding you?

Smelly cat, smelly cat it's not your fault

Bilbo said...

So we've gone from boobs to scents. What next? Don't answer that!

Narm said...

I have the same effect with certain deodorants. It is like my arm pits are a science lab.

fiona said...

LA - Thank you hon, I hope they work!
More yumms than yeucks so that
has to be good right?
Mike - They'll only sniff you if
you stink!
WC#3 - Beeeyooteeful voice!

Bilbo - My lips are sealed. Lips?
Double entendre ?

Narm - At least your
"Test aye cals" aren't
giving you grief!, every
cloud/science lab... :-)

Gilahi said...

I'm not sure I understand the difference. If you smell like cat's pee, then it's bad, but if a wine tastes like cat's pee, it's a good thing. I don't get it.

fiona said...

Gilahi - Maybe I should dab a little of the wine on my wrist, it could negate the whole "pee" thing and I'd come out smelling like roses!

LiLu said...

This is hilarious- and I sing that Phoebe song all the time!

Now it's in my head...

<3